KFL&A Public Health is holding a walk-in flu clinic today from 4:30 to 7 p.m. There is no need to book an appointment or to call the office.
Influenza immunizations are also still available through family physicians and pharmacists. Our Coat Room will closed through to January 2.
2013 December 19 issue of hdhEnews
- A Christmas Message
- Clinics, pediatric walk-in clinic closed during holiday season
- Paul Belliveau deemed top Canadian undergraduate surgical educator
- Basketball tournament supports the future of breast cancer treatment
- Stitching together the gift of comfort
- Stock up with music & stock up the Food Bank this holiday season
November 26 issue of hdhEnews
- Hotel Dieu Hospital is top performer in day surgery services
- Marking a 50-year milestone in living with diabetes
- Preventing and managing diabetes: little steps to take every day
- Hotel Dieu Hospital staff honoured for excellent service
- ASK THE EXPERT: “How can I tell if my child is being bullied?
- Stock up with music & stock up the Food Bank this holiday season
Nov. 19: Hotel Dieu Hospital declared top performer in day surgery services
Hotel Dieu Hospital has been declared the top performer among Ontario hospitals when it comes to patient satisfaction with day surgery services.
Nov. 6: Hotel Dieu Hospital staff honoured for excellent service
They hail from across the organization and they’ve done everything from helping families launch the local Down Syndrome Association to logging more than 30 years of volunteer service to donating endless lunch hours to build a successful community-wide run/walk in support of children with special needs.
2013 October 28 issue of hdhEnews online now.
Inside this issue:
Ski Jacket Drop at Hotel Dieu Hospital Nov. 2
- Ski Jacket Drop
- Visit by video: clinical telemedicine program underway at Hotel Dieu
- Volunteers wrap up $1 million pledge to redevelopment
- Resounding success for first-ever Leadership Breakfast
- Gold again for Hearing Aid Dispensary
- Golfers tee off for eating disorders, pediatric programs
- ASK THE EXPERT: My eye doctor says I have blepharitis. What's that?
- Knit Wits provide comfort to breast cancer patients
- Pebble pool invites time of reflection
Help others in the community stay warm this winter. Pass along gently-used ski jackets at the Brock Street entrance, Hotel Dieu Hospital, 8 am to 1 pm, Saturday, Nov. 2. Details: 613-544-3400, ext. 2231 or 2648.
Leadership breakfast in support of Hotel Dieu Hospital held on October 23
Thank you to the organizers, sponsors and attendees who helped in raising funds to purchase a portable ultrasound device for our Urgent Care Centre. For photos of the event click here.
Oct. 22: Volunteers wrap up $1 million pledge to redevelopment at Hotel Dieu Hospital
HDH hours for Thanksgiving Monday, Oct. 14:
Now listen up! Audiology display chronicles history of hearing aid
June 25: At its Annual Business Meeting on Monday, June 24, 2013, the Board of Directors of Hotel Dieu Hospital celebrated a year of expansion that solidly positioned Hotel Dieu as a leading ambulatory care hospital within the province. Read more
June 24: PSA-Pediatric walk-in clinic closed for Canada Day weekend The Pediatric Urgent Care Clinic at Hotel Dieu Hospital will be CLOSED Friday, June 28 and Monday, July 1. For urgent care, pediatric patients and families can go to the hospital?s Urgent Care Centre, open every day from 8 am to 10 pm.
June 19: On behalf of Volunteer Services and The Brockview Caf? we would like to welcome Visitors and Staff to enjoy a relaxing lunch
or snack on the new patio located near the main entrance on Brock Street. The
Brockview Caf? and the Brockview Express offer a selection of beverages, hot & cold food and all can be taken out to enjoy on our new patio. All proceeds from the Caf?
support our hospital.
May 24 issue of hdhEnews
Inside this issue:
- Regular screening for glaucoma is critical
- CHIRPP celebrates 20 years of working for injury prevention
- Hotel Dieu introduces automated Switchboard response
- Child Development Centre runs home with more than $27,000
- Food Blitz hauls in almost 92,000 pounds of non-perishable goods
2013 May 16: Regular screening for glaucoma is critical to diagnosing glaucoma says a Queen?s University study led by Hotel Dieu ophthalmologist Dr. Sanjay Sharma. Known as a silent thief of vision, glaucoma affects nearly 3% of the population. A new meta-analysis of literature on glaucoma conducted by the Queen?s research team was published this month in JAMA ? the Journal of the American Medical Association. The study highlights the importance of regular screenings for glaucoma especially for those over the age of 40. To learn more click here
2013 May 16: Food Blitz hauls in almost 84,000 pounds of non-perishable goods overnight with more still flowing in.
May 15: A study released this week by Cancer Care Ontario has found digital computed radiography mammography, or CR mammography, to be less effective in detecting breast cancer than conventional screen film mammography and digital direct radiography mammography, or DR mammography. At Hotel Dieu Hospital, we have never used CR mammography. We have used DR mammography exclusively since 2008, and prior to that we used screen film mammography. If you have any further questions regarding the technology, please contact Cancer Care Ontario at 1-800-668-9304 or speak to your doctor.
2013 May 13: Hotel Dieu Hospital caf? brings home the gold
2013 May 6: Best nursing practices spotlighted
as Hotel Dieu Hospital kicks off 2013 Nursing Week
2013 April 23 issue of hdhEnews is now online:
- Nursing students eager for field placement at Hotel Dieu
- Elevator tower near completion; new construction underway
- Patient Experience Advisors: Bringing perspective to the picture
- Celebrating the helping hands, big hearts of HDH volunteers
- Our Brockview Caf? brings home a gold for excellence
- Parting gift honours patient?s brother, thanks clinic staff
Congratulations to Dr. Stephen Archer, one of the world?s top cardiologists and head of the department of medicine at Queen?s University, on winning the prestigious Heart of Gold award for his volunteer work for the American Heart Association. In his role as president of the Chicagoland American Heart Association Board, Dr. Archer led the creation of Mission Lifeline, part of a U.S. national strategy to ensure patients receive timely care after a severe heart attack prior to arriving at the hospital.
BOGO ACCESSORY SALE at the Brock Boutique
On Thursday, April 18 & Friday, April 19 buy 1 accessory and get the second accessory of equal or lesser value for ? price. Accessories include: Jewelry, Purses, Clothing, Shoes, Wallets, Watches, Sunglasses & Readers. Great springtime shopping! Great Mother?s Day shopping!
March 19: Today we celebrate the Feast of Saint Joseph, the namesake of our Sisters, with our annual St. Joseph?s Bread Table, when all staff, physicians, learners and volunteers come together to share a selection of warm breads, jams, jellies and coffee, and to spend a few moments with one another. The occasion honours St. Joseph, a mainstay of the spirituality of the Religious Hospitallers of St. Joseph
Interested in becoming an ophthalmic technician or an ophthalmic medical technologist? Hotel Dieu offers a unique training program, that might be just for you. Applications will be accepted starting in March 19. Check out Kingston Ophthalmic Training Centre http://www.hoteldieu.com/ophthalmic/KOTC.html
March 12:Inside this issue of hdhEnews
Feb 19: Transfer of clinics from Kingston General Hospital
to Hotel Dieu Hospital starts Feb. 19
- Dozens of specialized clinics complete transfer to Hotel Dieu
- Hip/knee patients benefit from streamlined referral process
- Smile. You?re on colon camera!
- Practical advice on navigating the grocery aisle
- Will doing the foxtrot keep me sharp?
- Exciting new staff lottery will raise funds for patient care
- Have you registered yet?
Feb 14: Inside this issue of hdhEnews
- Hotel Dieu Hospital opens $20 million redevelopment project
- 50,000 patient visits set to transfer starting Feb. 19
- Social media campaign supports eating disorders clinic at Hotel Dieu
- Patients applaud expanding services at Hotel Dieu
- Kudos for diabetes program at Hotel Dieu
- Donors champion eye care at Hotel Dieu
- Know a good candidate for Patient Experience Advisor?
- Commemorate, celebrate, thank, reach into the future
- Have you registered yet?...