What is a patient health record?
A patient health record is comprised of:
- Personal information e.g. name, date of birth, gender, address, insurance information
- Personal health information e.g. the medical history and record of your visits to the hospital and what treatment we provide to you during those visits, health card number, diagnoses, test results.
This information can be collected and stored in several mediums and in several locations such as:
- a paper-based hospital chart housed in the Patient Records department Kingston Health Sciences Centre at Hotel Dieu Hospital site
- a computerized record in our hospital’s patient care system
- documents created and stored in patient care areas
- diagnostic images and reports
- lab specimens and reports